ANNUAL COPD REVIEW
Please telephone the surgery on 01737 772622 and make an appointment with Nurse Anusha.
Preparing for your annual COPD review;
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol on the day of your appointment;
- Do not make an appointment until 6 weeks after a chest infection if you have taken antibiotics or steroids;
- Please use regular inhalers prior to your appointment and bring along all inhalers with you when you attend.
In certain circumstances, it may not be appropriate to carry out a spirometry test. Please read the list below and if you think any of it applies to you or you are not sure, please telephone and speak to Nurse Anusha.
- If you have had a heart attack or stroke within the past 6 months
- If you have had any surgery within the past 3 months, including ear or eye
- Coughing up any blood or chest pain
- High blood pressure (above 160/95)
- Any aortic, thoracic or cerebral aneurysms